Donald Price, M.D.
ADRC Director Emeritus
Donald L. Price, M.D., is Professor of Pathology, Neurology, and Neuroscience at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He has focused on the study of neurodegenerative diseases; the development and analysis of animal models — especially genetically engineered models of these disorders — and the investigation of experimental therapeutic strategies that prepare the way for translation of basic science discoveries to treatments of humans with neurological illnesses.
- Tsao W, Jeong Y, Lin S, Ling J, Price D, Chiang P, Wong P. Rodent models of TDP-43: recent advances. Brain Res 2012; 1462: 26-39.
- Chow V, Savonenko A, Melnikova T, Kim H, Price D, Wong P. Modeling an anti-amyloid combination therapy for Alzheimer’s disease. Sci Transl Med 2010; 2: 13-17.
- Liu Y, Yoo M, Savonenko A, Stirling W, Price D, Borchelt D, Mamounas L, Lyons W, Blue M, Lee MK. Amyloid pathology is associated with progressive monoaminergic neurodegeneration in a transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease. J Neurosci 2008; 28: 13805-13814.
- Savonenko A, Melnikova T, Laird F, Stewart K, Price D, Wong P. Alteration of BACE-1 dependent NRG1/ErbB4 signaling and schizophrenia-like phenotypes in BACE1-null mice. Proc Nat Acad Sci 2008; 105: 5585-5590.
- Martin LJ, Pan Y, Price AC, Sterling W, Copeland NG, Jenkins NA, Price DL, Lee MK: Parkinson’s Disease a-synuclein transgenic mice develop neuronal mitochondrial degeneration and cell death. J. Neurosci. 26(1), 41-50, 2006
Primary Appointment in Pathology
Secondary Appointments in Neurology, Neuroscience