Abhay Moghekar, M.D.
Dr. Moghekars research interests pertain to the production and clearance of the amyloid beta protein (A-beta) in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). He is utilizing an animal model to study the way in which age affects the way nerve cells process A-beta. He is also examining A-beta in the CSF of patients with Alzheimer's disease or at risk for developing it.
- Resnick S, Bilgel M, Moghekar A, An Y, Cai Q, Wang M-C, Thambisetty M, Prince J, Zhou Y, Soldan A, Wong D, Oâ€™Brien R, Ferrucci L, Albert M. Changes in Abeta biomarkers and associations with ApoE genotype in two longitudinal cohorts. Neurobiol Aging 2015; 36: 2333-2339.
- Semba RD, Moghekar AR, Hu J, Sun L, Turner R, Ferrucci L, Oâ€™Brien R. Klotho in the cerebrospinal fluid of adults with and without Alzheimer's disease. Neurosci Lett 2014 558: 37-40.
- Wong DF, Moghekar AR, Rigamonti D, Brasic JR, Rousset O, Willis W, Buckley C, Smith A, Gok B, Sherwin P, Grachev ID. An in vivo evaluation of cerebral cortical amyloid with [18F]flutemetamol using positron emission tomography compared with parietal biopsy samples in living normal pressure hydrocephalus patients. Mol Imaging Biol. 2013; 15: 230-237.
- Moghekar A, Li S, Lu Y, Li M, Wang MC, Albert M, O'Brien R. CSF biomarker changes precede symptom onset of mild cognitive impairment. Neurology.2013; 81: 1753-1758.
- Moghekar A, Kraut M, Elkins W, Troncoso J, Zonderman AB, Resnick SM, O'Brien RJ. Cerebral white matter disease is associated with Alzheimer pathology in a prospective cohort. Alzheimers Dement. 2012; 8: S71-7.
Primary Appointment in Neurology