Constantine G. Lyketsos, M.D., M.H.S.
ADRC Associate Director
Clinical Core Leader
Education Core Co-Leader
Dr. Lyketsos is the Elizabeth Plank Althouse Professor for Alzheimer's Research. He is the Chair of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
Dr. Lyketsos' research interests include the epidemiology of dementia, the epidemiology and treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders in dementia, and the etiology and effect of mood disorders occurring in patients with Alzheimer's.
- Wise E, Rosenberg P, Lykestsos C, Leoutsakos J. Time course of neuropsychiatric symptoms and cognitive diagnosis in National Alzheimer's Coordinating Centers volunteers. Alzheimers Dement, 2019; 11: 333-339.
- Kales H, Lyketsos C, Miller E, Ballard C. Management of behavioral and psychological symptoms in people with Alzheimer's disease: An international Delphi consensus. Int Psychogeriatr 2018; 2: 1-8.
- Ismail Z, Aquiera-Ortiz L, Brodaty H, Cieslak A, Cummings J, Fischer C, Gauthier S, Geda Y, Hermann N, Kanji J, Lanctot K, Miller D, Mortby M, Onyike C, Rosenberg P, Smith E, Smith G, Sultzer D, Lyketsos C. The Mild Behavioral Impairment Checklist (MBI-C): A rating scale for neuropsychiatric symptoms in pre-dementia populations. J Alzheimers Dis 2017; 56: 929-938.
- Schneider L, Frangakis C, Drye L, Devanand D, Marano C, Mintzer M, Mulsant B, Munro C, Newall J, Pawluczyk S, Pelton G, Pollock B, Porsteinsson A, Rabins P, Rein L, Rosenberg P, Shade D, Weinstraub D, Yesavage J, Lyketsos C. Heterogeneity of treatment response to citalopram for patients with Alzheimerâ€™s disease with aggression or agitation: The CitAD Randomized Clinical Trial. Am J Psychiatry, 2016; 173: 465-472.
- Trzepacz PT, Cummings J, Konechnik T, Forrester TD, Chang C, Dennehy EB, Willis BA, Shuler C, Tabas LB, Lyketsos C. Mibampator (LY451395) randomized clinical trial for agitation/aggression in Alzheimer's disease. Int Psychogeriatr. 2013; 25: 707-719.
Primary Appointment in Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences