Marilyn Albert, Ph.D.
Education Core Leader
Marilyn Albert is Director of the Division of Cognitive Neuroscience in the Department of Neurology at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Director of the Johns Hopkins Alzheimer's Disease Research Center.
Dr. Albert's major research interests are in the area of cognitive change with age, disease-related changes of cognition (with a particular focus on Alzheimer's Disease) and the relationship of cognitive change to brain structure and function, as assessed through imaging.
- Albert M, Zhu Y, Moghekar A, Mori S, Miller M, Soldan A, Pettigrew C, Selnes O, Li S, Wang M-C. Predicting progression from normal cognition to mild cognitive impairment for individuals at 5 years. Brain 2018; 141: 877-887.
- Soldan A, Pettigrew C, Cai Q, Wang M-C, Moghekar A, O'Brien R, Albert M. Hypothetical preclinical AD groups and longitudinal cognitive change. JAMA Neurol, 2016; 73: 698-705.
- Albert M, Soldan A, Gottesman R, McKhann G, Sacktor N, Farrington L, Grega M, Turner R, Lu Y, Li S, Wang MC, Selnes O. Cognitive changes preceding clinical symptom onset of mild cognitive impairment and relationship to ApoE genotype. Current Alzheimers Research, 2014; 11: 773-784.
- Moghekar A, Li S, Lu Y, Li M, Wang M-C, Albert M, O'Brien R. Cerebrospinal fluid biomarker changes precede symptom onset of mild cognitive impairment, Neurology, 2013; 12: 1753-1758.
- Miller MI, Younes L, Ratnanather JT, Brown T, Trinh H, Postell E, Lee DS, Wang M-C, Mori S, O'Brien R, Albert M. The diffeomorphometry of temporal lobe structures in preclinical Alzheimer's disease. NeuroImage Clinical; 2013; 3: 352-360.
- Albert MS, DeKosky ST, Dickson D, Dubois B, Feldman HH, Fox NC, Gamst A, Holtzman DM, Jagust WJ, Petersen RC, Snyder PJ, Carrillo MC, Thies B, Phelps CH. The diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment due to Alzheimer's disease: recommendations from the National Institute on Aging-Alzheimer's Association workgroups on diagnostic guidelines for Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimers Dement 2011; 7: 270-279.
Primary Appointment in Neurology
Secondary Appointments in Psychiatry & Behavioral Science; Neuroscience; Pathology; Psychology & Brain Science; Mental Health